Deep learning refers to AI/ML techniques that utilize multilayer (deep) artificial neural networks. This branch of data science has seen exponential improvements in performance as our ability to collect, store, and process digital data has dramatically increased. Prediction, classification, regression, and identification of semi/unstructured data are areas where deep learning techniques exhibit a significant comparative advantage.
- To obtain an overview of the literature in deep learning methods and applications.
- To obtain an understanding of a variety of deep learning techniques for classification, regression, and prediction.
- To obtain the ability to implement and experiment with a wide range of deep learning algorithms in Python with examples: e.g., convolutional networks (CNN), auto-encoders, generative adversarial networks (GAN), transformers/attention (BERT)
- To understand and implement deep learning-based methods for classification of semi/unstructured data such as images or language.
Prerequisites: HPE DSI 311 – Introduction to Machine Learning.
Date: 8th March 2022 - 19th April 2022
Time: Tues Thur 2:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Instructors: Dr. Ioannis Konstantinidis
Class Capacity: 150
HPE DSI’s courses are free for UH System students from outside the Main Campus. However, these individuals must enroll in our courses at least three weeks before the courses starting date to allow for proper registration.
Clear Lake, Victoria, Downtown, Sugar Land or Katy campuses
Attendees who are current UHS student, staff or faculty from the Clear Lake, Victoria, Downtown, Sugar Land or Katy campuses MUST fill in this credentials form at least three(3) weeks before the course start date. This will allow adequate time for processing of your course access credentials before the first-class.
Current UHS (all campuses) Student, Staff or Faculty Registration Fee: Free.
UH Alumni and Non-UH Affiliates
Attendees who are not current UHS student, staff or faculty will need to make a payment for the course prior to its commencement.
UH Alumni Registration Fee: $250.00.
Non-UH Affiliate Registration Fee: $250.00.
** Non-UH affiliates and alumni registering for the HPE DSI classes MUST:
(1) complete the payment of the course fees ($250.00 per course) at least three(3) weeks before course commencement using this payment link https://store.mynsm.uh.edu/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=983&search=introduction+to+deep+learning
(2) fill in this credentials form at least three(3) weeks before the course start date. This will allow adequate time for processing of your course access credentials before the first-class.
If you need to cancel a course for any reason, e-mail us at email@example.com
** The following refund schedule applies:
More than three weeks before start date: A cancellation fee of 10% of the total workshop cost applies.
Less than three weeks before start date: 15% cancellation fee applies.
Less than one week before start date: 25% cancellation fee applies.
48 hours or less before class start: No refund is available.
All deposits and payments made are nontransferable. The HPE DSI cannot provide refunds, transfer payments, or offer makeup sessions for classes a student might miss, for any reason. If the HPE DSI has to cancel a workshop, you will receive a full refund.